Retirement is a week filled with Saturdays and Sundays interrupted only occasionally by a holiday.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Update

With a bad case of cabin fever, I decided to venture out today to do a little shopping. To avoid the really awful air quality, I headed west over the hills to a brighter and less affected community. On my way back I could see the smoke from the northern fire which is now approximately 40% contained. I took out my camera phone (yes, I know I shouldn't be shooting photos while driving) and took these photos to demonstrate the current state of things.


The weather forecast indicates an end to the "red flag" warnings sometime tonight or tomorrow and that will hopefully make fighting the various SoCal fires easier for the firefighters. Here's hoping...

2 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

I'm glad to hear that they're making progress on getting the fires contained.

Patti said...

I hope they get contained soon.