Retirement is a week filled with Saturdays and Sundays interrupted only occasionally by a holiday.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

In My Humble Opinion...

Today Rick and I had one of our daytime movie dates. As usual, I let him choose the film and this time it was "The Watchmen" based on the graphic novel of the same name.

I'm afraid to say I absolutely did not "get" this movie. Oh, I understood the storyline, the iconic references, the themes, the images. It's just that I found the film excessively long (nearly 3 hours), far too graphically violent for my tastes, and the storyline disjointed...moving chaotically between the present and the past over and over.

Now I know there is a large legion of fans of the novel who have adored this film adaptation and I'm happy their expectations have been met. For me, however, this was definitely the wrong choice! Oh well, at least I get to choose the next film we see.

3 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

I'm sorry you had to sit through this. Hopefully you'll get to see something wonderful next week and Rick will realize how much better at picking movies you are (unless you pick something to toture him with as revenge.)

Linda said...

We haven't gotten there yet but Amanda does want to see this one at some point. Three hours, eh? Sounds like a good chance for a nap!

rosemary said...

Steve and I do your turn, my turn....we tolerate each others choices in movies...but mine are better.