Retirement is a week filled with Saturdays and Sundays interrupted only occasionally by a holiday.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Blogging Blues Pep Talk

So my good deed for today involves my sister and her blog. A few weeks ago, Sis decided to start her own blog after hearing how much fun I was having creating and writing my blog. Like most novice bloggers, she was pretty shy about sharing her site with others, only revealing it to a few family members who have been diligent about reading and providing feedback by using the Comments feature. So last night Sis revealed to me that she was wondering whether to continue blogging since the only people reading it were just a very few relatives. Today I was over at her house and gave her a quick Blogging 101 lesson on how to attract readers to her blog. I showed her some of the blogs I read regularly and then my librarian-trainer persona took over and I steered her toward blogs I thought she might be interested in. My sister is Supermom, working part-time, taking care of her two kids, their dog, her husband, being our 85 year old mom’s primary caregiver...you get the picture. I encouraged Sis to take the time to search out other moms in BlogLand who I’m sure would be interested in sharing survival tips, hints and stories with her. When I left her house, she was busy logging onto her laptop in search of the Land of Supermoms in the blogosphere. So, if you’re a mom and you’re reading this, I hope you'll take the time to stop by and say “hi” to A Tired Mama.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

O.K....let me get this straight...you left my house, you drove 45 minutes and yet you still managed to write a wonderful blog and post it BEFORE I did...You get the prize...you are the original "SUPERWOMAN"!!!