Retirement is a week filled with Saturdays and Sundays interrupted only occasionally by a holiday.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday, December 9, 2007

If It's Not One Thing...

I came back from Georgia hoping for some peace but that's not the case. My 86-year-old mom has come down with gastro-something-or-other (better known as the stomach flu) and the 3 of us (Mom, Lynn, and I) spent 4 hours in the ER late Friday night making sure that's all it is. I feel really badly for Lynn since Mom lives with her and my sister has taken the brunt of the responsibility for Mom's care. I don't know what I would do without my sister. I went over there yesterday to help and Mom seemed a little better as the day wore on so we're all hoping she will recover quickly.

I want to thank all of you for your supportive comments about my cousin Frank's passing. While it's been a difficult time, your kind thoughts and prayers have certainly helped make our healing easier. Hopefully, things will calm down soon and I'll be able to get back to reading and commenting on your blogs. Until then...thank you all.

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

honey, not to scare you or anything, but if she has not been checked for c-diff please have this done. my mom's was not caught or treated in time. good luck honey...

smimes, bee

Patti said...

I hope you mother is better today...I knew something was up when you hadn't been by to say hi.

Take care,
Patti

Mary said...

Joan,

I continue to pray for you and your family.

Blessings,
Mary

jaded said...

I hope your mother is feeling better soon. The flu can be such a beast.

Iamthebookworm said...

I hope you mom feels better soon. Glad that you are home safe.

Renee Nefe said...

I got to Lynn's blog first... blech! I hope your mom is feeling better soon and that no one else catches this.

Midlife Mom said...

I hope this flu bug doesn't hang around long! It's so hard on the older ones. You sure have had more then your share lately!!!

slow panic said...

Hope you all are feeling better soon. This year's flu/cold bug is bad.