Retirement is a week filled with Saturdays and Sundays interrupted only occasionally by a holiday.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Monday, December 24, 2007

It's A Wrap!

Yeah...I'm done! All the gifts for Rick's family are wrapped and labeled and are now sitting in front of our hearth in boxes ready to be transported tomorrow. I even managed to wrap the big flat-screen TV (for Rick's mom) all by myself and bought a huge red bow for it. Now I can take a deep breath and relax.

Later this afternoon, I'll get myself showered and dressed and then we'll go to church for the Children's Christmas mass. When Rick and I were younger, we'd go to Midnight mass but those days are long gone. Now we go to church for the 5:00PM service and then it's home for a simple dinner followed by our annual Christmas tradition of watching the 1984 George C. Scott version of "A Christmas Carol." Then it's off to bed.

Since I'm sure tomorrow will be a very full day for all, I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very joyous and merry Christmas. I hope you and your families have a wonderful holiday filled with love and laughter.

8 comments:

Lynn said...

I bet that you feel great finally being done with all of the gift purchasing and gift wrapping. Remember not to get too over tired tomorrow...we have an appointment with the stores bright and early Wednesday morning:~)

meno said...

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you too.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

merry christmas to you too! have a wonderful day honey...

smiles, bee

Renee Nefe said...

Oh I was about to tell you about what we did and then I rememberd how much it all changed. I should just blog it. LOL!

Today in our family is the big & busy day. tomorrow we will open our gifts and then go have dinner with my family (yay no more cooking!)

Merry Christmas!

slow panic said...

have a great day today!

Patti said...

Have a wonderful Christmas, Joan!

I hope you and Lynn get some great bargains tomorrow morning. Something blog-worthy!

the moose buyer said...

Now that I have just spoken with you and found out that you and Lynn are actually shopping, I am sure the two of you absolutely inhereted Auntie Evelyn's shopping gene instead of Joyce and I.

Hope the two of you find great bargains.

Mom said...

Merry Christmas. Hope you had a wonderful day.