Retirement is a week filled with Saturdays and Sundays interrupted only occasionally by a holiday.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Why Didn't I Listen To Myself?

Okay...in yesterday's post, I talked all about the new scale I bought and how I wasn't going to open it up until after New Year's just in case it was too accurate. Well...my curiousity got the best of me and this morning I took it out of its box, removed the little plastic tab so the battery would work and then placed it on the floor. How could I not get on it and take a peek? Ouch...bad idea. As I suspected, the very large digital display revealed a number that was several pounds more than my old scale. And, to add insult to injury, Rick got on the new scale and declared it pretty accurate since he weighs himself everyday on the "medical" scale at the YMCA. So here I am facing 2008 with several more pounds to lose. Sigh...

8 comments:

meno said...

I am boycotting my scale until we get home from our trip. I know it will have no good news for me.

Stupid scales!

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Joan, I'm slowly making my way to everyone's blogs...see what happens when I take a few days off blogging, I get wayyy behind! lol I've so enjoyed reading your last few posts...sounds like you had a lovely Christmas:-) As for the scale, my scale and I are not on talking terms at the moment! lol xox

Anonymous said...

My scale hasn't had a really good number on it in years. But at least the numbers are now going down.

I just keep plugging away. 0.2 pounds at a time.

Rick Rockhill said...

My scale is defective...they say it will take four to six months to repair...

Mom said...

I read somewhere that the human head weighs about 12 pounds. Since you really can't do much to change the weight of your head you can just subtract those 12 pounds before you get on the the scale. Therefore you are really 12 pounds lighter than the number on the scale. anyway that's what I'm going to do when I again get on the scale on January 1.

Renee Nefe said...

Oh I'm so sorry. Now go hide the scale under your bed or something until Feb.

Michele said...

Oh Joan... body weight fluctuates... but gosh, if you're feeling like this already and you haven't even started yet, gosh, it's going to be a long year... think positive, be happy, relax, have fun with it and it will all fall in place!!
((Hug))

the moose buyer said...

Don't give up the fight cousin. You are better than I am at keeping your promises to yourself. Once the holidays are over you will again have the urge to get into the program and the numbers will go down. Oh yeah, have you considered walking????