Retirement is a week filled with Saturdays and Sundays interrupted only occasionally by a holiday.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thursday, January 17, 2008

When All Else Fails...Go Shopping

JAM and I decided today to have a Retired Girls Day out but trying to decide what to do took us quite a while. We went through a list JAM had compiled of interesting places to visit around town but many involved outdoor activity and it was just too darn windy today to attempt anything outside. So, after much time sitting on her sofa dithering, we finally agreed to go shopping. Yes...I know...not very creative.

Anyway, we ended up at one of our local malls and visited N*rdstr*m and M*cy's. Rick's sisters gave me a gift card for N*rdstr*m at Christmas and lucky me found two pair of jeans which fit perfectly and, most importantly, were on sale so I still have money left on my gift card for my next visit. Yeah! JAM found a great pair of black sandals which I might just have to order myself (with my narrow width, they almost never have my size in stock).

Then we went over to M*cy's. We wandered around but didn't have much luck...maybe we just were too tired by then to rummage through the sale racks. While we were walking around, however, JAM pointed out the following sign:


Now, pardon me, but did someone have an "oops" moment when creating this sign? What made this even more amusing was the fact that, on the other side of the entrance to the furniture department, there was the very same sign with the very same mis-spelling. I'm thinking that, if either of us ever need a part-time job, proofreader comes to mind.

13 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

LOL! I wonder how many folks have pointed that out to them.

meno said...

Retired girls day out? I didn't get my invite.

I not only have narrow feet, but they are BIG. I mail order most of my canoes, i mean shoes.

Mary said...

LOL Joan. You would think that they would have noticed and had that sign corrected. Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you enjoyed your day out with your friend. The jeans were definitely a bargain.

Blessings,
Mary

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hey! i'm a retired girl! never thought of having that, thanks!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

sari said...

that's pretty funny!

Lynn said...

Maybe the sign is pointing to a place where they cover "Flor" whenever she is tired. Sounds like you and JAM had a fun day.

Patti said...

Lynn may be on to something..

This reminds me of amusing road signs we've photographed on vacation. Maybe I can dig some up and post them.

Linda said...

Well, maybe there is such a thing as "florcovering" - I might have been curious enough to go check it out! Or maybe not!

Unknown said...

We seem to see those kind of mistakes all the time around here! My favorite was on the Chamber of Commerce billboard. It said Mary Christmas!

Linda said...

Hi again, Joan! I tagged you for a quick little link-love post that I thought you might want to participate in. I promise it's guick and easy and you can find it by clicking right here!

Midlife Mom said...

Oops! Where is spellcheck when you need it????

rosemary said...

I'm thinking the person that made the signs was in the sleepshop too long and could have used customer service for spell check. Or perhaps they got out on the wrong flor and were confused.

Texasholly said...

that is really funny. The other funny thing about it is that I probably would have walked by like the other million people and not even noticed. It is probably the cereal straw effect (which can be found on the cereal aisle or advertised during any children's programming, especially cartoons)!