Retirement is a week filled with Saturdays and Sundays interrupted only occasionally by a holiday.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friday, February 20, 2009

Economic Stimulation at Our Home

OK...so yesterday Rick and his buddies drove 65 miles to one of his favorite courses to play golf. Since I drive the "newer" of our two cars, he asked if he could take mine while I drove his for the day. No problem.

When he came home in the afternoon, he spoke these ominous words to me: "When are you taking in your car for its next service?" Uh-oh!

It seems that, while applying the brakes to slow down on a particularly steep grade, he could feel a pronounced vibration in the brake pedal and a thumping noise. The noise was loud enough that one of the guys in the car remarked "That doesn't sound good." Duh.

So this morning before dawn, I drove on over to the place we get our car serviced to be first in line since I didn't have an appointment. My friendly service writer David came out and I explained the problem. Hmmm...his tech would check it out and let me know the verdict.

I went to sit in the waiting room knowing that somehow this was not going to be a cheap fix. How right I was. When I heard my name being called to the service office, I prepared myself for bad news. The diagnosis...bad brakes, hot spots on my brake rotors (whatever that means) and torn something-or-others in the suspension. Gasp, gasp, gasp...

So after nearly three hours of waiting time, lucky me got to hand over my credit card and sign for a $839.61 repair bill.

Breathe in, breathe out...

1 comment:

Renee Nefe said...

OUCH! I hope it's better now.