Retirement is a week filled with Saturdays and Sundays interrupted only occasionally by a holiday.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Another Round of Spending

Oh boy...today sister Lynn, niece Elle and I will be meeting for another shopping spree at one of our local malls. Last Saturday (on my first real day of activity after being sick for so long), the three of us met at the very same mall and I helped the two of them spend some money on really nice outfits. If you're at all interested, you can read about it here at Lynn's blog. Anyway, last week I was too weak to try anything on. This week I'm feeling a heck of a lot better so maybe I'll come away today with some shopping bags filled with new clothes. The only thing is that, if you look at my sidebar, you might notice that I'm still plugging along trying to lose some more weight. Hmmm...do I really want to buy new outfits that might be too large for me in a few months??? Decisions, decisions...

5 comments:

Susie said...

Have fun shopping..You could always have a nice outfit altered if you lose more weight..
:)

Mom said...

Wow, all that sick spell and you still lost a pound! You are my hero. You deserve a pretty new outfit.

Renee Nefe said...

That's a tough call. Although Susie is right that you could get them altered. I need to learn how to do that.

Well I always find that shopping is good exercise (or at least it makes me tired.) have fun!

Carole Burant said...

So glad to hear that you're feeling so much better:-) Enjoy your shopping trip but I know what you mean about buying clothes when you're in the process of losing weight. xox

Liv said...

I struggle with buying clothes, too, but I think buying tops is a safer bet. If they get loose you can tuck them in or something. Bottoms are usually good for nothing after the loss.