Retirement is a week filled with Saturdays and Sundays interrupted only occasionally by a holiday.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thursday, October 18, 2007

It Must Be Awards Season

This has been an amazing week for me. I've been honored not once but twice by wonderful blogging friends.

Thanks to my new blogging friend Mary at Mary's Writing Nook who graciously awarded me an Amazing Woman award. I certainly don't feel "amazing" but I'm grateful that Mary feels that somehow I deserve this honor. If you haven't had the pleasure of visiting Mary's blog, please take the time to drop on over and say "hi."

The second award is one that I find a bit scary since it involves Christmas and I'm not quite ready to admit that Christmas is less than 3 months away. Thanks to Lynn for honoring me with the "Spirit of Christmas" award.



According to Lynn who got her award from Patti and Michele: This award originated at Santa's Community Blog and can be passed on to as many other bloggers as I'd like. According to Santa, the Spirit of Christmas Award:"Quite simply it is those that have a generous and giving nature. Those who care about others. Those who have a kind word to say or a broad shoulder to lean on in the times that others need that. Those who display the "Spirit of Christmas".

Unlike the game telephone, the spirit of this award seems to be intact. Since so many of you have already been honored with this award, I would like to honor all those who have yet to be recognized. Santa has asked that you pick up the code and instructions here at this post: Santa Claus The Spirit Of Christmas Award. So...congratulations to you all, and may the spirit of the upcoming season fill your lives with joy.

10 comments:

meno said...

You are sweet, and amazing. It's all true.

Lynn said...

Ditto what Meno said:~) You deserve both of these awards.

Mary said...

Joan,

Your blog inspires me. You truly are an amazing woman and an inspiration to me.

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I appreciate your friendship.

Blessings,
Mary

Patti said...

Congratulations, Joan on these much deserved awards.

Your blog is always a joy to read.

Patti said...

P.S. Did you know that if you mouse over the word Santa he says Ho Ho Ho? I didn't realize that at first.
;-)

ms chica said...

well deserved!

the moose buyer said...

Good for you cousin. It's nice to know all these people are finding out something Uncle Bill figured out when you were born. Lynn was Auntie Evelyn's fav but you were sure the apple of Uncle Bill's eye. I swear you were the only one who could talk him (and me) into anything. All you had to do was bat those super long eye lashes.

Pam said...

Congratulations and Mele Kalikimaka.

Linda said...

One could define you as amazingly sweet so you are definitely deserving of both awards!

I don't want to think about Christmas myself but I walked into the local Walgreens to get some sinus medicine yesterday and there were Christmas decorations mixed in with the Halloween decorations - how disconcerting! I wish we could get past one holiday before the retailers foist another one on top of us ... sigh.

Michele said...

Congratulations. You deserve it!!!!!!