Retirement is a week filled with Saturdays and Sundays interrupted only occasionally by a holiday.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sunday, May 20, 2007

You're Another Year Older Today


Today is Hubby's birthday. To honor his big day, here 's a birthday song that Sheriff John would sing to all the birthday boys and girls on his local children's TV show when Hubby was young:
Put another candle on my birthday cake
We're gonna bake a birthday cake
Put another candle on my birthday cake
I'm another year older today.

I'm gonna have a party with my birthday cake
Come on and take some birthday cake
Put another candle on my birthday cake
I'm another year older today.

We'll have some pie and sandwiches
and chocolate ice cream, too
We'll sing and play the day away
and one more thing I'm going to do.

I'll blow out the candles on my birthday cake
and when I do, a wish I'll make
Put another candle on my birthday cake
I'm another year older today
Happy birthday to you
I'm another year older today.

I love you Hubby

16 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby:-) I'm sure you'll make certain that he has a wonderful and special day!! xox

Patti said...

Did you bake hubby a cake???!!???
Inquiring minds need to know.
Happy Birthday to him and many many more..

jaded said...

Happy B-day Hubby!

What kind of cake? Will there be ice cream?

Ralph said...

With the love of your life, every birthday is great...have a wonderful day (and if he worries about the number of years, my birthdays got better every year sfter the first 'bad' one, the dreaded 3-0)

Iamthebookworm said...

Happy birthday to your hubby!

Special K ~Toni said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Erstwhile Librarian!

Lynn said...

Every time your dh would sing that song, he would only sing the first verse...thank you for providing the rest of the lyrics;~)

Renee Nefe said...

Happy birthday to your hubby!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oboy! cake! i'm on my way...

smiles, bee

Michele said...

I am sure the day will be special. Birthday wishes to your husband!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday R. Hope Joan bought you a cake and didn't try to bake one. I can't believe she knows all the words to the birthday song. Even an oldest cousin can be surprised sometimes.

rosemary said...

Happy Birthday Hubby. What was the show where the mother would send in the kids name and the show host would look through a magic mirror or glass and act like they were a wizard or whatever? I do remember Sheriff John....and Kukla Fran and Ollie, Sherry Lewis and her lamb, Howdy Doody...

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! I hope he had a spectacular day!

Barbara Doduk said...

happy birthday to the hubby. wooowooo. birthdays are the best days to celebrate life.

Joan said...

Thanks to everyone who wished Hubby a "Happy Birthday." He read all your comments with this big smile on his face... :~D

Unknown said...

Okay, so this is way late, but belated birthday greetings to your hubby. His birthday is the same day as my nephew's and the day after my youngest son's. But the main reason I am writing is - I KNOW the Sheriff John song!!! I grew UP watching Sheriff John! So, does that mean we grew up in the same neck of the woods? Your profile does not say where you live now, or where your hubby grew up, so I can only guess. Anyway, that song jumped immediately into my mind, all the verses intact, as soon as I saw that first line.

Oh, I'm here via Rosemary, by the way. :)